Long Time owner

Hello everyone,

This is a great site for Gremlin owners. I bought my first one in
june or July of 1970. I have been the sole owner for 31 years. I also
had two others in addition. One was a Gremlin X with a 258 and the
other was just a plain Gremlin with a 232. Both were either 71's or
72's.

The 70 I still own has a VIN # AOS460A263072. If anyone can help
me "decode" the number I would appreciate it. It is a two passenger
with a bench seat. The rear window is solid and doesn't open like a
hatchback. It came with a 199, vacuum fuel pump and vacuum wipers. I
put 75,000 miles on it before I pulled it off the road. I stripped
the other two Gremlins for spare parts for my "70".

I get "razzed" for owning it but tell people I'm not an "off the
shelf" guy and feel lucky I still own it. Sure I'd like to have
a "seven series" BMW but I would still have the BMW and the Gremlin.
The car has waved" buhbye" to many other cars I've had.

Have a nice one.
BMP