Re: [gremlintime] gremlin garage gets "makeover"...

Re: [gremlintime] gremlin garage gets "makeover"...

Brake job, guess what, it's time for the '75 Gremlin to have one (rear only for now). Right rear solenoid started leaking, so shoes and a solenoid are on the shopping list for tomorrow.
Spent the best part of sunday and monday making the wrong air manifold fit. Had to use 5/16 copper tube with fittings wrapped around and mated up with the injector bolts. Not pretty, but intact. Then installed the rebuilt holley carburator and fired it up. It ran, but not very well. Checked the dwell and it was off by quite a bit. Then noticed that the distributor was a point type in a electronic ignition equipped car. Tried to set the dwell anyway, and found the adjustment/hold down screw was stripped. Can't seem to win sometimes.
If anyone knows where I can find a correct distributor (75 Gremlin w/ 258 six and auto and AC), please let me know. So far no luck locally. Also might need a elec ign module as there had to be a reason they substituted.
Well got to go to bed. Big test tomorrow in class. Will be graduating and looking for a position as a Network systems Administrator for Windows 2000 (yes I am advertising here).
Thanks for your patience and help.
Ken