Whoa, brake job almost complete on '74 Gremlin.....

Whoa, brake job almost complete on '74 Gremlin.....

 I finally got some nice weather and good timing to start finishing the
disc brake job I began a few weeks ago. I got the right side caliper on with
new hose, then proceeded to remove the old line, and bend some new ones. I'm
almost done, took a break now for dinner. The last little one, a 12" line on
the right side, has a hideous 1" diameter 180 degree bend! I'll never be able
to duplicate THAT tight a radius bend. I'm hoping there's enough tubing there
to make a 200 degree bend of a larger radius. The problem is the metering
valve between the disc and drum brakes is mounted right at the fender hole
where the brake line comes thru the inner fender. The hole is right above the
inlet where the line is supposed to go. NOT an easy place to put a new line.
Hopefully I'll manage to get it in place without a major hassle. I will try
to bleed the brakes later this week, not tonite. I'll be happy just to finish
the main job tonite! Then, I may pull the rear wheels off later this week, to
check the rear brakes, if the weather will stop dumping water on us here in
Virginia long enough to get something done. I want to be confident when I
take this car on the road that the brakes will stop the car ok. I need to
pull the radiator as well, and get it pressure-checked, maybe rodded out, the
top looks nasty. Don't want THAT blowing on me,either. :) I still need to run
a new transmission line, the rubber hose I put on temporarily is dripping
some. That will also be a later-in-the-week project. For now, though, it's
getting closer to being driveable. Yehaw! :) Well, that's all for tonite, I
guess I"ll go finish the line job if I can, then pack it in for the night and
call it a successful evening of work. Can't wait to drive this little gem!
AMC ya,

Jerry