Re: 6s and 8s

While i love my 6 they arent axactly sporty without some work.

I know Clifford Research sells 4-bbl and triple Weber conversions, as
well as hot cams for sixes, but all I put on my 232 cid Gremlin X were
a set of Hooker headers. They had two collecters: Numbers one, three
and five cylinders went into one, and two, four and six into the
other. A set of glass pack header mufflers and two very short pipes
with chrome tips exited out the side behind the driver's door. Believe
it or not, that thing MOVED.

Now, I know some of you are thinking I'm some kid who grew up on
Civics and Nissans, so I really don't know what performance is.
Actually I'm 44, and I've owned three Javelins (two SST's and one
AMX), as well as a 360 powered 1970 Ambassador SST (two door, of
course). My father got me started, as he bought a 1969 Javelin (290)
at the ripe old age of 39, and followed that with a 1970 Rebel
MACHINE, and a 1974 Matador X Coupe (401 4bbl). The Matador was his
last performance car until he bought himself a present for his 70th
birthday last September: a fully restored and detailed 1968 AMX!

But I digress....If you doubt that six in a row can go, consider this.
About ten years ago, a guy was racing a 1969 Javelin at the local
stock car track in my Dad's hometown. He was running a 232 with cam,
headers and 4 bbl - the ONLY non-V8 car on the track. He did quite
well, often finishing in the top five. Did I mention how much the
Chevy boys hated him? Made their pro-built 350's look a littl silly.
And that sound....close your eyes and you would have thought it was an
Indy car - very bizarre.