Re: AMC car specs...buy a book!

 One of the best sources is the Standard Catalog of American Motors, which
is a specialized version of the Standard Catalog of American/Import/Trucks
books, which are really nice reference items to have. The SCAM is edited by
John A. Gunnell, the ISBN # is 0-87341-232-X , and was $19.95 when I bought
it about 3-4 years ago. In the book, it lists a yearly breakdown of each
model, with weights, chassis specs, wheelbase, etc. listed for each model. I
don't know if there is any website that would contain all these stats, as
that's a lot of work to provide info for free! The Standard catalog of
American Cars lists AMCs as well, with the same breakdowns, if you want a
more general and comprehensive book of all makes of cars ( mine covers from
'46 to '75, as I bought it years ago...I really should buy a newer one )
Anyway, that would be the way to go, in my opinion. Go to
www.bibliofind.com , it's a used book website that you can do searchs on for
used books, if you don't want to buy new. I've found some of the older and
out of print AMC reference books here, and bought them from bookstores who
advertise their books there. Well worth doing, if you're into books like I
am, never can have too many reference guides! LOL. Anyway, hope I've been of
some help, good luck!

Jerry Casper
'71 Gremlin w/factory sunroof
'74 Gremlin