Re: Insurace Update, Request for Classifieds

Re: Insurace Update, Request for Classifieds

So, three weeks later I finally get to hear what I expected: Allstate
will give me $760 if I keep the car, $1026 if they get it. Needless to
say, no way. It was interesting how they justified it, however. They
try to screw me on two counts. The first is that they found for
comparison one beat up Gremlin in Iowa for $750, and overated it's
condition (I called thw owner; his description was not nearly as
flattering as the insurance co's). The second way they try and scew me
is by inaccurately describing my car. Oxidized paint? Standard? (It's
an X.) No a/c? The adjuster noted the 2" scratch in the headliner but
missed the a/c and the big black stripe on the side of the car.
Needless to say, go figure. They alloted me $25 for my $300 stereo, so
on and so forth.

So, the guy in some-generic-posistion-whose-title-escapes-me said I
could give him some alternate classifieds that he would give to the
"appraisal company for consideration." Well, I may not be have much
luck in my endeavor, but I would appreciate it if y'all could forward
any 73 or 74 Gremlin classifieds you find out there to me.

Thanks!
--
Daniel Modlin
mailto:dmodlin@xxxx