Re: [gremlintime] Is anybody out there?

Vik Butvila wrote:

> From: "Vik Butvila" <vbutvila@xxxx>
>
> Hi All,
>
> Hey Bart - seems kind of brave of Paul to "challenge" us EH?
>
> Anyway, here goes my Gremlin story - short form.
>
> I've been the owner of "Kermit" for over 21 years -over just over 1/2
> of my life! He is a 1974 Gremlin X factory v8 car. I bought him for $1000 in
> 1979 from someone who thought the trans was toast and wanted to sell it.
> Who's going to listen to a 20 year old if he was to tell them that it was
> just low on fluid?

Speaking of which...how in the hell do you accurately check the fluid on
the auto trans? All I get is fluid that goes halfway up the dipstick,
starting somewhat thick and gradaully turning into a film. I know the
car has leaked some fluid, don't know how much tho. It there supposed
to be a *thick* layer of fluid on the dipstick, with a prounounced level
to be noticed? As it is, I have no idea what the level is, it is just
sort of a continuum.

Anyway..it sounds...fast?<g> I imagine this is srot of a racer/sunday
driver only?

So I didn't and took him home. At the time I had a 1975

--
Daniel Modlin
mailto:dmodlin@xxxx

(insert amusing line here)