Re: [gremlintime] Lower strut rod bushings

Re: [gremlintime] Lower strut rod bushings

You might wanna give PST a call--poly bushings will tighten up the handling considerably.

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Kevin" <grinding_gremlin@xxxx> Reply-To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [gremlintime] Lower strut rod bushings Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:14:58 -0000

Hmmmm, let me answer my own question. I called Auto Value, My favorite
place to buy my parts, They alway come through for me. They said they did
not have any in stock but they can order a "lower strut rod kit" direct from the
factory for $40.73. I'm not sure if that means Chrysler is making them or some
other company.
It would be interesting to me if Chrysler were produing them because I was
under the impression that Chrysler wanted to bury AMC, Like it never existed.
At any rate I thought it was a little on the spendy side, but I guess they retail for
over $50.00 elswhere. What a deal!! I was also able to order a pick-up coil for
$38.50 and a new power stearing pressure hose for $22.35. All that is left is
that cooling line for the tranny. Then we should be mechanically sound until I
break something else off. tee hee. I may have to do break work, but I'm pretty
sure I replaced all the breaklines, although they probably should be bled.
next year it will be the body work. I'm going to try my hand at apolstery this
winter, why leave it to the professionals when I can screw it up myself. tee hee
Seariosly I'm sure I can do it. All I need to do is copy what is there and get an
apolstery book, which I have and already read a couple of times. I can do this!
I'm really enjoying this resto a lot more than I thought I would, It's hard work,
but when it starts coming together it feels so great!
I can already see her with a fresh minty green coat of paint w/ ralley wheels
and the lttle red "X" glistening in the sun. Ok so it's not a Gremlin X, I do have
a little red X for the grill and I'm gonna put it on anyway because I think it
makes it look special,...er not that the car isn't special without it......am I digging
myself a hole?
at any rate take care everyone, Kevin

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es