Re: Eagle 5-speed into 1972 Gremlin??????

Re: Eagle 5-speed into 1972 Gremlin??????

--- In gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hallosey@xxxx wrote:

Nope, won't work. The Eagle trans has splines on the end, to mate
w/ the transfer case. It does not have the yoke needed for u-joints
that attach to the drive shaft. Good creative idea, but it would take
some serious engineering to mate the two. You might, I repeat, might,
be able to make a yoke to attach to the splines, but... I think you
would be better off finding a trans from a 2 wheel drive car.
Another alternative that I've read about is to put a Mustang trans
in the car. I don't have much info, but maybe someone else can help.
Also, try www.amcforum.net. That's where I saw the idea mentioned.

Or yoou could lenghten the drive shaft