Re: Swingin' windows, price of gas ( in Virginia ), '77 X ID....

Re: Swingin' windows, price of gas ( in Virginia ), '77 X ID....

 My friend John in Virginia picked up a project '72 Gremlin last winter that
I found and bought for parts at first, then found out it was too good to part
out, it has the swing-out rear quarter windows. From what I"m told, though,
they always leaked badly, even new, and I wanted them, now I'm not so sure.
John said he'd trade me those for something else, he didn't want them himself. He
also was / is willing to trade the 8-slot AMC steel mags on there now for two
complete sets of plain steel wheels, he doesn't care about them. :)

Price of regular mid-grade gas in Virginia is around 1.70 average.

ID'ing a '77 Gremlin X...hard to say, I don't think they had the X emblem in
the grill those years, it was part of the stripe kit on the sides. If it's
faded, or missing, then it'll be hard to tell. Look under the rear seat, or
behind a side panel, to find the car's Build sheet, if it's still there. Might find
the appropriate factory check-off for that option. Not sure if you can tell
it's an X by the Model number ID on the door plate. But if you have a factory
card with it mentioning the X option, then it probably was. I have a '78 GT,
same body style, basically.

Jerry in Virginia ( caretaker of 8 Gremlins )