Re: [gremlintime] Disc Brakes--when did they get them?

Re: [gremlintime] Disc Brakes--when did they get them?

I am a recent subscriber to Gremlintime. While I can't say for sure that the
pieces you have already aquired from a spirit will work on your Gremlin
common sense says probably. I do however have quite a bit of experience with
Hydraulics and disc brake conversions in general. You would be best off with
the powerbrake booster/master cylinder assembly in total from the Spirit as
well as the parts you already have. Also check the diameter of the Spirit
rear wheel cylinders vs the Gremlin ones. While you are at the conversion
consider replacing the brake hose at the rear differential if it has not
already been done. Remember that cleanliness is absolutely essential with the
hydraulic system. De-natured alcohol is the best substance I've found as it
leaves no residue. It can degrade rubber components however so consider
rebuilding any components that require more than just an external wash.
Crocus Cloth should be used instead of Emery Cloth or Sandpaper. Any
component that requires rebuilding should have its piston to bore clearance
checked. A small piece of brass shim stock .005" thick should not fit between
the bore of the device and its piston. Hope this is of some help.