My Gremmie

Norbert went out last night determined to get my Gremlin, that we bought last summer from another Kansas Gremlintimer, started. He was sure that it was just something in the electrical system. He finally got it started & itpurrs like a kitten.

As anxious as I am to get started on reconditioning it, I told him that I didn't want to start on it until we find a good body for him to use for his Gremlin since his got totalled last summer. We live in south central Kansas & he doesn't want to go very far to get it or pay a lot for it. We have some parts (like a perfect grill & hood) from the totalled Gremlin that we can use on his & the engine ( a V-8) can be switched if necessary. All of the interior is still good & can be transferred over. We just need a decent body because we're not that good at body work & don't want to have to do anymore than necessary. Actually it's not that we're not that good at it. Both of us just hate doing it.

If anyone knows of a Gremlin, 1970 - 1974, in the Kansas, Oklahoma or western Missouri area that might be for sale for a reasonable price, please let us know. Norbert used the extra money from the insurance on his Gremlin tobuy a lift for his Garage & an embroidery machine for me so there's not a lot left to spend on it.

Karla °o°

PS Most of you won't appreciate this because most people aren't as obsessed about Mickey as I am, but I found some really cool accessories for my Gremlin while on a recent vacation to WDW. I got a pair of fuzzy dice with Mickey Mouse spots and a couple of stickers with Mickey Mouse, one says MousePower & is similiar to the Flower Power stickers from the 60s & 70s. It was my last vacation as a Disney Cast Member so no more discounts or free tickets for us to WDW. I gave notice just as soon as we returned from vacation.