Re: [gremlintime] Gremlin parts - 3 speeds and disc brakes

Re: [gremlintime] Gremlin parts - 3 speeds and disc brakes

In a message dated 12/10/02 7:19:08 PM SA Pacific Standard Time,
vangremlin@xxxx writes:

> Hey gang:
>
> I've got a 1972 Gremlin X with the 304 in it and an automatic.
>
> 1. What manual transmissions will fit and work in it? There's a 6 cyl
> 3-speed junker at the local junk yard (tranny already plucked) - should I
> grab the bell housing?
>
> 2. Will the disc brakes from a 79 Spirit 6 cyl work in my car? What all
> do
> I need to grab - spindles, tie rods, etc?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dave
> 72 Gremlin X

Dave my reply should reach you by 2937 but i hope i can help,a Borg Warner
T10 4 speed from a 68-74 Javelin /AMX or Hornet SC/360 or SC/Rambler or Rebel
Machine,the bellhousing from that 3 speed i'm not sure if it will work with a
4 speed.as for the disks grab the spindles,rotors,calipers proportioning
valve and master cyl and it will bolt right up to your gremlin.
Bart Mangrum