LAST CHANCE - running '76 Matador 4-dr for sale in VA

LAST CHANCE - running '76 Matador 4-dr for sale in VA

 Ok, my friend John Young and I got together tonight , Nov. 9th,
and finished what several other local club members and I set out to
do about 3 years ago..get this beast RUNNING! It is now official, the
car does run, very smoothly I might add, and would make a nice
RESTORATION project. Probably needs tie rod ends / ball joints,
tires, has 70k + miles on the car. Some dings and small dents,
virtually no rust in the car, white with blue vinyl top and blue
interior.
I have no interest in saving this car other than the amount
of work and money put into the motor at this point, so here's the
deal : SIX DAYS only for someone to make a SERIOUS attempt to
purchase this complete car in total. If I get NO serious responses
within this time frame to even look at the car, then the motor and
tranny will be pulled in the near future and I'll keep those two
items, the car then either parted out or given away whole or in part,
as I have no interest in a Matador sedan. I currently DO NOT have the
title, I believe one of my club members still has it in his
possession. I will attempt to have him locate it in the meantime.
Parts on the motor that are BRAND NEW include :

radiator
radiator shroud
timing chain/gears
carburetor
water pump
fuel pump
distributor
alternator
fan clutch
hood hinge, right side?
electronic ignition module
starter solenoid
starter

This motor has so many brand new parts, I won't let it go for
less than $500 for the whole car, with or WITHOUT title. NO
BARGAINING OR BARGAINS HERE. Take it or leave it. If everyone decides
to pass, then I'll pull the motor and tranny, and the car body will
be available for parts purchases before it's either towed or given
away. I would like to see someone save it, if for nothing else all
the work and effort that was spent to save the car in the first
place, but I have NO sentimental value in it, and I have 8
Gremlin "children" needing my attention, as well as a couple Matador
Coupes, a Hornet, a Javelin, etc.
Here's a list of things "wrong" with the car that I know of :

- wiring under hood hacked a little, but seems to have been
repaired successfully by us to get it running with a jumper to the
coil
- ignition switch in column ( new ), is not engaging properly
- trunk lock jimmied and gone, trunk metal screwed up there
- front end needs work, wheels splayed a little
- possible brake work needed, dont' know
- trunk leaked some water , but no rustout apparent
- tranny unknown at this point

things that are positive about the car are :

- body in good shape, almost no rust
- interior is very good shape
- motor runs smoothly
- glass is good

So, there it is, if anyone wants a nice PROJECT car, make no
mistake, this car will take EFFORT to put back on the road, please
let me know ASAP, or it will soon join the rest of Kenosha's finest
in being recycled into Ford Focuses or Mitsuibishis. It's been taking
up needed room in my driveway for FAR too long, and I want this car
GONE ( as does my new wife, LOL). One way or the other doesnt' matter
to me, I have too many other AMC children to save to keep this one
any longer, and too much time invested to give it away as is. I owe
the man who left it here some money for it, so I'd like to get him
some of his money back at some point in time. So, the clock's
ticking, I'll give 'til Friday Nov. 15th at midnight, so that way
I'll have all weekend to start the disassembly process, if I have the
time and actually start then. I doubt I'll work that quickly, I plan
to disassemble a '76 Gremlin first, then the Matador sedan. That way,
I'll have a place to move my other car to, so the Matador can be
backed out of the shed it's been stored in for so long, so it may
take a month or so before it gets done, but OFFICIALLY I won't wait
longer than 11-15-02 until times UP. After that, it's fate or luck if
it's still available for purchase whole. So make plans accordingly if
you are interested in this PROJECT car. Thanks,

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA
just off I-95 opposite historic Occoquan