Re: 4.0 heads and Turbos...

 My friend John Young is building both an older 258 head for me for my '74
Gremlin ( porting, polishing, etc ), and a 4.0 head for his '66 Rambler hot
rod convertible project. His email is : NOSIGMA@xxxx . Not quite sure
how far along he is on the 4.0 head, but if anyone can give you direct
experience/help on bolting up the 4.0 head to an earlier block, and give you
some idea of the performance gains, he'd be able to. There are some
differences in the gasketing/coolant flow, but it shouldn't be a difficult
swap. He's even got his own flow bench to test the gains! He's posted
results before on another Yahoo Groups list , called AMC-DelMarVa, so you
might want check that forum's archives out for his head comparison results on
the flow bench.

Jerry in Virginia, 6 Gremlins parked in the driveway...