Re: [gremlintime] Gremlin in Fla. Crusher Yard - No Rust -

Re: [gremlintime] Gremlin in Fla. Crusher Yard - No Rust -

I don't know why (or even if) I am defending James affectation of ignorance
and style of spelling, etc., but my kids do this kind of spelling all the
time with their Instant Messaging and in internet chat. They say that if you
use it all the time it is much faster to type. But it drives me up the wall
because every time I run into a nonstandard spelling it derails my train of
thought, but by then I'm already six words past it, which derails it even
worse. The kids regularly use u instead of you, r instead of are, prolly
instead of probably, and even ur instead of your (or you're) and k instead
of OK. I do note with James that k (in place of ok) seems to be a new
devolution. He used to have ok about three or four times per
sentence--beginning, end, and at least a couple of times in between. I just
thought he must be from OKlahoma. Ur rit bruce, it shur duz mak it hrd to
rede.

Question about your 1970 2-passenger. (I think I remember from some other
post that you have one.) I had a friend with one of these, a very early one.
Purchased first week of April, 1970, same time as I got my white with red
stripe 4 passenger. He only had it for about a year before he wrecked it,
but I kind of remember his Gremmie having vent windows instead of the one
piece larger door glass that my 4-pass had. . They were not openable, but
were there at the front of the door, and of course, no hatch. Does yours
(urs) have one piece door glass?

Regards,

Onree