another question

first im fixing my 232 so i can drive my amc during
the 360 build up and my questions are 1 do i have to
take the head off my 232 to put my new lifters in
question 2 are dodge/plymouth 727s and 904s the same
as amc and i plan on just blowing this 3 speed out and
putting in a 4 speed that a friend of mine knows
about he thinks its a t 10 well thank you for the in
put