Re: bad news

I agree that the car is worth WAY more than $3000 if it is nice. The
usual appraisal guides aren't really an accurate reflection of the
market a lot of times, especially in regards to Gremlins. It would
probably sell for at least twice that if it is even close to
show-quality. Scour the internet for classifieds, dust off all your
old reciepts. When my Gremlin got hit, the insurance company found
some rusty Gremlin in the midwest FS to compare it to for value, I
called the guy and according to the seller it was admitedly not in
very good shape. This is just one example of a devious tactic that
insurance companies unabashedly use to try and rip you off. Good
lukc, be prepared to put up a fight to get a fair settlement.

--- In gremlintime@xxxx, "Karla Dick" <luvdmouse57@xxxx> wrote:
> Well, Mark, we did a few things right. We had it towed to our
house. Which is about 30 miles from Wichita. The accident happened
in Wichita. Good thing that we have AAA. We have an appraisal saying
that the car is worth $3,000. Norbert's brother says it should be
worth more than that because of it being restored to show quality.
He's been doing research to find other Gremlins. According to
Hemmings Motor News, the appraisal is about right. Unless it was a
trailer queen, which it wasn't.