Re: [gremlintime] Gremlin / Hornet radiators ; small vs. large...shroud

Re: [gremlintime] Gremlin / Hornet radiators ; small vs. large...shroud or no...

Jerry, I've been told that a V-8 fan shroud (the full closed one) is good
for a 20-30 degree drop in temp. Mine with that little metal shroud ran 1/8"
below the hot edge of the green all the way (except in that Chicago parking
lot) with a 195 degree t-stat. I first tried a 160 degree t-stat and that one
ran even hotter because the coolant was passing through the engine too fast
to absorbe enough heat to transfer to the radiator. By the way, I made it
home ok except for the last 3 miles. Pulled into the driveway with absolutely
no oil pressure and the rod knocking like the 'Hot Rod Lincoln'
The Mix