AMC key score at country hardware store...too easy?

AMC key score at country hardware store...too easy?

 I was driving my aunt around the county this past weekend, helping her
with some stuff, and we stopped in at the local hardware store to get a spare
key made for her '92 Jeep Laredo. I looked over the key rack , and found a
whole row of AMC keys, some WITH the flag logo on them! One row was gold, the
other silver ( both ignition/door keys ) also had the rounded trunk/glove box
key with no logo. The square silver key said " for A.M.C. " on it, the gold
ones had the logo and AMC lettering. Also found some pre-'69 AMC keys, and
bought 3 of those, no lettering or ID on them. I don't know how hard they are
to find with the logo still on them, but I left quite a few behind on the
rack. They were only 35 cents each for blanks. I paid about $7 for 6 of them
off of ebay, but they were NOS variety, I believe. These may be aftermarket,
but at least they had the logo on them still. I don't recall seeing any AMC
keys at any other stores, I may have to start hitting old hardware stores in
out-of-the-way places, to see what kind of keys they have for AMCs.
Anyway, I worked on my Eagle while at my aunt's farm, didn't get it
running, my battery was borderline and wouldn't crank it long enough to get
it started. I did get the alternator put back onto the car, though. Hopefully
it'll start and run soon. Well, that's all for now, planning on some night
work on the Gremlin GT this week. It's raining now, so that blows tonight's
work. :( Catch ya'll later,

Jerry in Virginia