Gremlintime - Recycled Owner

Well group, I'm proud to announce that after a twenty year hiatus, I am once
again a Gremlin owner. I've been a member of the group for a couple of
years, reading with envy as people talk about how cool their cars are. No
more. I am now as cool as the rest of you.

I purchased a 72 Gremlin X from its original owner in Wyoming. It has
118000 miles and the 304 engine. Paint is Trans Am Red, it looked awful
when I picked it up but with thorough cleaning, clay treatment, polishing &
wax the hood looks like new - but thats as far as I've gotten. Original
owner was a fanatic about record keeping, so I have the window sticker and
many other items.

First thing the car needs is either replacement fenders or major repair to
existing fenders. Tops are rusted out something bad. So my question is,
what can I use for replacement fenders & what can I expect to pay for a pair
of good used ones? Would the fender have to come from a Gremlin (and are
there any differences from year to year) or will Hornet fenders work?

I also need some tunes for this car. The AM radio just doesn't cut it. Are
there used AMC AM/FM radios out there that will fit the Gremlin? I pulled
an extra AM radio out of a Hornet and I know I can get that converted to FM,
but that's pretty pricey. I also pulled a genuine AMC AM/FM/Cassette radio
out of a car at the junk yard that I could configure under the dash and keep
it AMC (Bart would be proud) but if people have an FM radio that fits the
opening that would be better.

Thanks in advance, and I'm proud to be an official member of the group.
Dave Kaunisto
72 Gremlin X