From: Gremlingts@xxxx [mailto:Gremlingts@xxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 11:02 PM
To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; mail@xxxx
Subject: [gremlintime] GREAT Gremlin day...saw two, one a V-8 ! And a
BIG SCORE!!!!

I drove up to see a Jeep mechanic today near West Virginia, about a 2
hour drive, and he had a great selection of AMC manuals that his dealership
had thrown out, and he saved them all...and lots of stuff I couldn't use, as

well. Alot of Renault Alliance manuals, almost a third of what he had. I
passed on all that. He wanted to keep most of the Jeep stuff, too. Which
still left about a 1/3 which was all AMC related for cars. Not a bad haul,
really! I did buy a Gremlin rear axle hub separator, VERY hard to find
tool!
I picked up several SETS of '77 and '78 TSM ( shop manuals ), so if anyone
is
interested in a set, let me know. These are in good to poor shape, they were

definitely used by the mechanics! I'll have to go thru them to see what else

I want to get rid of, I do have some Renault manuals that I thought people
might be interested in. I'll have a report later on items I'm selling off.
I then drove over to West Virginia, a little 7 mile side trip from
Kevin's, and met with Dudley Perry, who is an original owner/buyer of a '75
Gremlin X that he wants to try and save. I gave him my evaluation (
repairable, rust not fatal, but will cost money ), so he'll have to make
some
decisions. AND, he drove me to a location nearby with ANOTHER Gremlin X,
this
one a V-8 car! It was two-tone gold and bronze, nice colors! No one was at
home, the front yard had lots of older cars and trucks in it. I left my AMC
business card on the Gremlin. All in all, a great AMC day. My chevy truck
tried to leave me stranded twice, the main battery was weak, but I got it
started both times with the help of a dual battery setup, and made it home
ok
with my new treasures. I pulled them out, and laid them out on the deck for
more thorough viewing. I got doubles and some triples of some items, so
will
resell those I don't want to keep. I still have lots of stuff to go thru,
though. :)
One of the items had the California Gremlin Sundowner model in it, and
the Matador Barcelona II, I think both exclusive to CA. All black and white
pictures, though. I got quite a few dealership-only books, like training
manuals on transmission repairs, dealing with customers, etc. Neat stuff!
Had
a GTA convertible top manual, I got that as well. Figured some GTA buff
could
use it. :)
Well, that's all for now, this wasn't a "Fantasy deal", but it was
close,
I got lots of neat stuff. Probably be a long time before this happens again,

so I'll enjoy the moment. :) G'night, all.

Jerry in Virginia
happily sorting thru AMC dealership debris...

Community email addresses:
Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe: gremlintime-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/gremlintime
Gremlintime(Home of the AMC Gremlin on the WWW):
http://www.geocities.com/gremlintime