Any West Virginia people on the list? Antique tags question...

Any West Virginia people on the list? Antique tags question...

I've made an acquaintence with a guy in Inwood, WV , near Winchester, VA on
the eastern panhandle. He owns a '75 Gremlin, and is the original owner, and
wants to see if the car is fixable. He's worried about getting it past the
vehicle Inspection, so I told him Virginia has antique plate registration,
and the cars no longer require "official" inspections anymore to be legal,
but I don't know how or if that works in my neighboring state. If any of you
can shed light on this ( I went to the " Official " WV DMV website, but there
is no mention of antique tags, just personalized plates and veterans plates
). Antique tags make it easier to get the car legal for insurance and
registration in Virginia, anyway, and you can work on the car in your spare
time, not have to have it all running and perfect to pass. So, any help out
there? I'll pass on any info I receive to him. Thanks a lot,

Jerry in northern Virginia
'78 Gremlin GT
'74 Gremlin
'70 Javelin