'78 Gremlins to Kenosha...I"m probably " in "... :o)

'78 Gremlins to Kenosha...I"m probably " in "... :o)

 Well, I have bad news for ya...not only do a have a "rare" '78 Gremlin,
it's also the "rarest"....the GT model ! It's a pumpkin orange with black
accent, and if I can, it'll be the car I drive up there. I hope to get the
spoiler package back on the car, and have it ready to roll by July. Right
now, it needs carb work and gas line repair. Other than that, unless the
brakes neeed work, and I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possiblities on
that, I hope that's all it'll need. If not, I might try to fix up the '72
Sunroofer, as that's another car with a rare option that would turn some
heads. But the GT is my first choice, by far! And you're right, there's few
enough of the late model Gremlins running around, the early ones seem to
predominate everywhere, can't remember the last time I saw one ( oh, yes I
can...Hershey flea market in Fall of '00, in the Car Corral...golden bronze,
15,000 kilometres on the odometer ( Canadian car ), asking $5,900 for it.
Gorgeous car! That was a '77, though. Still impressive. The '78's had the
updated dash that was different from all the other Gremlins, so that's how
you can tell a '77 from a '78 Gremlin. The '77 had the old style with the
hump in the middle of the dash, the '78 had a smoother dash, more like the
Concords that followed.
I still need to find a place to stay up in Wisconsin, if anyone has
suggestions, let me know ASAP'! I've already applied for vacation time, July
23rd thru the 29th, so that should cover my travel time. I"m coming from
Virginia, so it should take about 1. 5 days to get there. Look forward to
meeting some of you folks, this ought to be a blast!

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA