From: Gremlingts@xxxx [mailto:Gremlingts@xxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 6:21 PM
To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gremlintime] Unclass acts, Nerd cars in USA Today ...Gremlin,
CHEVETTE, Pinto, etc....

Ok, you clowns, you're starting to make this Gremlintime list sound like

a stupid AOL Car Chat room, what with your egos seeing who can outdo the
other in stupidity. I really don't mind the occasional colorful language,
but
if you wish to dump on each other, take it OFF this list, and you can email
each other to your hearts content!! I believe most of us on here DON'T want
to hear you call each other names, no matter who deserves what. I don't care

what motor you put into your Gremlin, whether it's a V-8 or Porsche
4-banger(
I have SEVEN Gremlins, buck-o's, and NONE have a V-8...how many have YOU
saved???? Spent all your money on chrome and slick wheels?) Don't care,
don't
wanna know about it, if you don't have anything nice to say ( remember your
mama telling you that? ), don't SAY anything, as this is a list to HELP us
Gremlin owners, not slam their personal choices. Put a Chevy, Ford,
Studebaker, Packard, Toyota motor in it, I don't really care, save the car
though! That's my goal. SAVE THE CAR.
Anyhow, in the newpaper article a week ago, they mentioned Gremlin with
all the other cars like Pinto, Chevette, Horizon, etc that are being
considered collectible by nerdish people these days. I guess they didn't do
their research, at least you could get a V-8 in a Gremlin ( or a Pinto, I
found out a few years ago...but NOT a Chevette or Horizon ). Pinto's were
never performance cars, though, and the Gremlin was touted by AMC as being a

performer with the V-8 installed. Wish I could have taken off work to do an
interview on the Tuesday before, they put the cars on TV in Richmond, VA. Oh

well.
And, on another sour note, I heard a radio commercial yesterday by
Consumerchoice.com or something, they slammed the AMC Gremlin by making it
seem a poor choice between it and something else (reference to talking about

people blindly following like blindfolded lemmings with a cattle prod taped
to their back ,the "latest reports on health" or something ...). Grrrr!
Makes
me mad. Oh well, can't do much about it, really. Guess I won't listen to
THEM
on anything. :) Serves them right!
It's raining here tonite, so no Gremlin repairs possible. Might go
tinker
a bit in the garage, catch up on some projects I've been meaning to get to.
Tomorrow is auction night, so I'll be heading out there after work to see
what bargains may be had. Well, I've had my rant, seems like the List is
getting lots of messages, too bad the "children" can't take this garbage to

the dump where it belongs...sorry, Photo954, it usually isn't this bad,
seems
like the hormones are raging in the younger crowd right now. Not much we can

do about it , 'cept vent our anger at THEM.
Ok, on a Tech post...I am planning on finding some Annular Ring carbs
off
of FORDs ( yes, that's the Blue Oval ) to go on my Gremlins, as they're much

more efficient than anything AMC had at that time, or since, probably. A
local AMC guy said they should bolt up with no hassle, just need to tinker
with the linkage to make them work, and they'll idle and run GREAT. My next
trip to the boneyards, I"m looking for FORD parts for my AMC. GOT it, boys?
I've also got some GM HEI ignition upgrade distributors to drop into my AMC
motor(s), as well. <haughty grin > All I need now are some Mopar parts, and
I'll really have that ol' AMC running much better than it ever did when it
left the factory! Maybe I"ll fashion a "Shaker" hood for my 6-banger
Gremlins, have that sucker shuddering and shaking at the car shows. Now THAT

would be awesome! LIttle round 6-cylinder air cleaner shaking thru the top
of
the hood...hmm. Sounds like a plan to me! Well, I've had enough fun, time to

go do something else. For you "serious" AMC folk, just ignore the garbage
spewing from the ignorant, and the rest of us can hopefully get thru this (
where's the list Admin to kick them off the list for a little while? )

Jerry Casper
Owner, driver, and LOVER of ALL types of AMC Gremlins ( 4x4, Spirit, and the

"Original"...)

Community email addresses:
Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe: gremlintime-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/gremlintime
Gremlintime(Home of the AMC Gremlin on the WWW):
http://www.geocities.com/gremlintime