What's best for parts washers?

 Now that the electricians are wiring my garage, I'm buying a parts
washer. The question is, what is the best solvent to use in it? I
could use gasoline, but would really hate to burn the gargage to the
ground. Of course, it would be nice and warm in there for a while.
How about kerosene, or the stuff that NAPA and Advance Auto Parts
sells?
Any comments would be welcome, since I'm almost done with the SX-4,
and planning the "Kammback To Kenosha Project." Thanks for any input.
Phil, in Monson MA.