looking for 401

Dose anyone know, what cars came with the 401? and i'v heard the 75 401 and down wrent very good but the 76 up were? i'm looking for a stock 401 and going to go to a junk yard and know what car had them, i'v also heard inernation had some 401 running trucks, could u guys help me out here?
Thanks,
Rich