Re: [gremlintime] looking for 401

In a message dated 2/26/02 11:20:30 AM SA Pacific Standard Time,
GremlinAMC@xxxx writes:

> Does anyone know what cars came with the 401? and i've heard the 75 401 and
> down weren't very good but the 76 up were? i'm looking for a stock 401 and
> going to go to a junk yard and know what car had them, i'v also heard
> international had some 401 running trucks, could you guys help me out here?
> Thanks,
> Rich

Rich,the 401 was in 71-78 Matadors 71-74 Javelin and Jav AMX's 71-74
Ambassadors and they were in all FSJ's from 71-78 although i've heard of some
401s being found in 79 FSJ's they also indeed were available in
Internationals butthey called them the 400 and were 2 barrels and theres
nothing wrong with any year of the 401 the thing people were prob telling you
about is whenever AMC started using Fords dist. All 401s from 71-78 have
steel rods and cranks if you can find "any" year 401 you've hit gold
Bart M.
73 Gremlin AMC 360"All Throttle No Bottle!! nor hairdryers"