my transmisions

Sorry. Some one Emailed me and wanted some info on my AMC,s transmissions. I lost your Email.So to all that might be interested. My 1972 gremlin X is a very late year car It has a stock 304 and Torque-command 998 transmission. My 1979 concord is bone stock with a 304 2bbl and the torque-command 727.This car was special ordered in be the little old lady I bought it from.I have the service manual from my local AMC shop that went under in 1988 so heres some specks from it:The 904 is the weakest of the transmissions offered by amc found behind the 151,191,232 and 258's. The 998 was put behind all 304 cars light duty(stock).The 727 was stock on all 360 and up cars And 2wd Jeeps.The 727 could be special ordered into any v8 car if desired.(It was not offered on any 6,s).Also offered, for taxi,Police and racing, was the 727 "super duty"Torque-command. As you Probably know internally Amc,s transmisions are Mopar so any hipo stuff that a dodge can use,we can use.Of corse the external housing is different so a dodge would not bolt up, But all 70,s AMC,s share the same bell housing bolt pattern so they will interchange. Try to find a matador or other bigger amc for parts if you want the 727 transmission or just don't hammer the smaller ones to much. LOLO.
Terry A Shields
246 Old Indiana RD
Blairsville PA 15717
ABBOTT@xxxx