Re: New Eagle owner, alternator questions...GM / Motorola?

Re: New Eagle owner, alternator questions...GM / Motorola?

 I just bought a '80 Eagle from a club member, and have given it to my
aunt to use on her farm for now. She said it has a few problems, namely the
car died after driving for awhile with the lights on, after jumpstarting the
car and leaving the lights off, no problem...Are the Eagle alternators GM
units, or Motorola? I have lots of GM units from my Chevy days, so if it's
one of those, I can replace it easily. She said the brakes are mushy, too,
probably from sitting so long ( two years, basically ). I also have some AMC
alternators, so can probably swap it out if it's really needed. As she's 3
hours away, it won't be real soon, work is taking its toll of my weekends of
late.
Anyway, the car is tan with dark brown accents and vinyl trim ( damn, a
tan car! Ech! ) Other than needing some rust repair, it is a beater/driver,
supposedly owned by a mechanic who let it sit for a few years before selling
it. I doubt I'll spend much money in it, but as my aunt needs a 4x4 on her
farm ( 1,000 acres ), it'll come in handy for her needs. I have enough of my
own projects still parked on her farm : Matador coupes, my '70 Javelin, '70
Hornet, another Gremlin, etc. Thanks for any response, so I can have a clue
what to do when I get the chance to go visit her again.