Re: [gremlintime] sledding

on 1/14/02 10:56 AM, Collier White at olly_x@xxxx wrote:

> My girlfriend drove my 76 gremlin in last night's
> snowstorm.
> She went just 3 miles, but the story she tells would put
> Mr. Toad's Wild Ride to shame. The gremlin emerged
> unscathed, but I'm wondering now: is weighing the back the
> key? And if so, how much weight is ideal?
>
> Best,
> Collier
>

> Minneapolis
> '76 Brown Gremlin X

Collier,

I have a lot of experience with this as I drove a Gremlin for 9 winters in
Northern Illinois. A full tank of gas and (2) 80# bags of something. In
the old days we used salt. Was hell on the metal of the car but worked good
on keeping you on the road.

Doesn't really matter, with a Gremlin they can surprise you at any time and
take you off-roading. One year a went in the ditch and had to drive in a
farmers field for about a mile till I found a drive to get out.

Matt