Re: [gremlintime] Re: From: "chevetteroadwarrior"now we see!!!

A Jeep 360 IS an AMC 360. They're also dirt-common--look for junked Wagoneers. These tended to rot, so the engines usually run pretty well.

My 1974 Gremlin was a factory 304/3-speed. I could've dropped in a Shivvy engine (in fact I had a fresh 350 in my garage at the time), but I didn't--I found a 401 & used it. Chevy engines in AMC's are just WRONG.

----Original Message Follows---- From: "chevetteroadwarrior" Reply-To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [gremlintime] Re: From: "chevetteroadwarrior"now we see!!! Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:17:00 -0000 Your right. I to can get 304's, but I said on my post that all I would run is a 390 or 401. Why would I drop 50 cubic inches over my engine now? Everyone on here can say what they want, but if all in this group had a 6 banger Gremlin and wanted to convert it to a V8 and either could use there already built and running sbc, sbf or sbchrysler, none of you(except Bart) would go pay mega bucks just to say its all AMC!! Only if your into classic restoration would you care. If I had a 401 ect.. lying in the garage I would have shoved it in my car, but I didnt and i never was one for following the crowd because I was worried what others would think. I applaud you guys for being different and I would be proud to see you blow the doors off one of the big three, just because your in a gremlin, but it dont make a crap to me what your driving in it. I like Gremlins due to there looks and did long before I knew the diff between AMC, Chevy Ford Chrysler, so cant we all get along? As far as the 360 from jeeps and chrysler going into Gremlins, If it was made for Chrysler, then it dont belong in Gremlins. If were doing this right, lets dont pretend some are alright and some arent. If its not all AMC then destroy em. - In gremlintime@xxxx, "John Ferguson III" wrote:
Anyone who can't find AMC V8's isn't looking. I could lay my hands
on a
dozen 360's, a 290, & 2 304's (most running) this week if I wanted
to.
Anyone who puts a Chevy in a Gremlin needs a kick in the rear.

----Original Message Follows---- From: "chevetteroadwarrior" Reply-To: gremlintime@xxxx To: gremlintime@xxxx Subject: [gremlintime] Re: Re : From: "chevetteroadwarrior"now we
see!!!
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:25:22 -0000

I feel your pain, but a Hemi was built for Chrysler well before the merge, so its still an outsider. If your gonna be True AMC diehard, then be that. As for the 6 idea, those 6's make great power with
them
turbo,s, checked that route out myself, but its just like building a 360-401 up, if your not full of cash or willing to build for a
couple
years while your sits, then you use what youve already got. Anyone with a 390 or 401 wants to part with one cheap, I promise ya, I'll build it, drive it, praise it and follow the AMC path, but those are the only 2 Id want. ANY ONE WILLING TO HELP? Lets see how serious we want to convert into the AMC way. Let me know. Rod

-- In gremlintime@xxxx, Brien Tourville wrote: > Hey Shevett - you at least got the gist of it rite - . > > A HEMI in a Gremlin - or - any DC-x PowerPlant > that is within the 'Family ' - even a Mercedes - > would be fine - yet Bow Tie ? Why ? > > Since the 'New Guy' already has an original - well running - > engine that is a 'numbers match' - why not build the heck > out of it ? > > If it is a Six - there is www.blowthruturbo@xxxx > or STROKERS@xxxx > > they might look into for a 265HP > lite weight 6 powerplant. > > Engine makes more Torque than a 350 shoveit . > > Grab the Factory Fuel Injection off an '87 - '90 'RENIX' AMC inline 6 > engine. > > Drop in a '68-70 Open Chamber I-6 AMC Head - > > run a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe > Turbo unit [$125.00 tops Bart } - > > a Holley Nascar 390 carb - Clifford Intake - > > Crane Turbo Cam & Kit - > > Roller Rockers {let me know for the '68 head mod - > I'll hip you to the fax} - > > and be near 300HP with a very lite weight front end > - which equates to great handling - all the time - not just
straight