Re: [gremlintime] Engines... A*M*C, OF COURSE!!!!!

Re: [gremlintime] Engines... A*M*C, OF COURSE!!!!!

In a message dated 12/28/01 2:05:15 AM SA Pacific Standard Time,
gremlin982001@xxxx writes:

> Ken,
> the 360 that Chrysler made is the same one they use now in the Jeeps and
> such, as long as it isnt the truck block it will fit in your Gremmie, the
> frot shocks and springs will need to be a heavier type bacause of the
> weight
> difference between the 6 and 8 cylinder engines. if you want a good 360
> look
> in an older Jeep cherokee about 1974-79, it had the ford intake and
> chrysler
> exhaust on it and is still a powerful engine, the 401 is basically a Chevy
> 400 punched out to a 401 and because of this is a weaker block. the T-10
> will fit the standard rear end as long as the splines in the tailshaft and
> driveline match, if you buy a T-10 from a wrecking yard, grab the driveline
>
> if possible, you will need it. as far as the front brake conversion, Bendix
>
> makes a conversion kit that you can get from a hot rod shop, its a bit
> pricey but if its what you wanna do then thats how I would do it, short
> from
> robbing a Monarch of its spindles and things (sorry Bart :-) ). aside from
> that have fun on your car and will talk to you later.
>
> Charlie
> 1975 Gremlin X 258
> 1977 Hornet Sportabout 258

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh??????First off all 66-91 AMC V8s are
externally alike and it doesn't matter if it was a truck or car engine their
the same engine.after Chrysler bought AMC they just used the remaning AMC 360
V8s in the remaining parts of the Jeep Grand Wagoneer any 87-91 JeepGrand
Wagoneer has a AMC 360 not a mopar nor a ford a AMC V8 and the 401 being a
chevy??? LMAO..the 401 is all AMC it like the AMC 390 and other AMC V8s also
did not use ford intakes nor ford or chrysler manifolds. also the 401 is by
far not weak my friend uses one in his 9 sec gremlin its the mass produced
Chiivy smallblocks that had the consistancy of pewter"Sorry Rod"and the only
T 10s that will work on a AMC V8 is one FROM a AMC V8 and those were found
only on the Hi Po AMCS such as the AMX,Javelin,SC/Rambler ect. i'm not being
an asshole but you have your AMC facts waaaay wrong here!!
Bart Mangrum
1973 Gremlin 360