From: "Charlie Hofer"
To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [gremlintime] Engines... A*M*C, OF COURSE!!!!!
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 01:42:11 -0500
Ken, the 360 that Chrysler made is the same one they use now in the Jeeps and such, as long as it isnt the truck block it will fit in your Gremmie, the front shocks and springs will need to be a heavier type bacause of the weight difference between the 6 and 8 cylinder engines. if you want a good 360 look in an older Jeep cherokee about 1974-79, it had the ford intake and chrysler exhaust on it and is still a powerful engine, the 401 is basically a Chevy 400 punched out to a 401 and because of this is a weaker block. the T-10 will fit the standard rear end as long as the splines in the tailshaft and driveline match, if you buy a T-10 from a wrecking yard, grab the driveline
if possible, you will need it. as far as the front brake conversion, Bendix makes a conversion kit that you can get from a hot rod shop, its a bit pricey but if its what you wanna do then thats how I would do it, short from robbing a Monarch of its spindles and things (sorry Bart :-) ). aside from
that have fun on your car and will talk to you later.
Charlie
1975 Gremlin X 258
1977 Hornet Sportabout 258