Re: [gremlintime] Engines... A*M*C, OF COURSE!!!!!

Re: [gremlintime] Engines... A*M*C, OF COURSE!!!!!

In a message dated 12/28/01 12:56:36 AM SA Pacific Standard Time,
gremlin_ken@xxxx writes:

> I saw on todays post that Chrysler used 360's right up
> to 1992? Are these absolutely identical to AMC 360's?
> If so, it would sure make it easier to find one. For
> instance, will AMC headers and 4-barrel manifolds bolt
> right up? I am actively searching for a BIG V8 for my
> beautiful, sexy, 1970. I was thinking of a lovely FORD
> engine (just kidding Bart, relax)I would also like to
> have a four speed T10 tranny. Aside from the
> crossmember, will all this bolt up together and fit
> in? Also, would I have to replace the front springs
> with heavier units to go from 6 to 8? Will the stock
> rear end work with a T10 or would I need a Javelin
> diff? Are 401's good engines or are they "fragile" I
> keep hearing references to cracked blocks? I don't
> want to race my baby, so I would rather go 360 if it's
> a more rugged engine. I will also install disc brakes
> on the front because I remember what 1971 stopped like
> way back when! Maybe FORD brakes? (just kidding Bart).
> Thanx in advance for any advice. The more, the better.

Ken,Chrysler just used the remaining AMC 360 V8s for the Jeep Grand Wagoneers
from when AMC was bought 1987 to when Chrysler stopped producing the Jeep
Grand Wagoneer 1991,as for weak blocks thats total b.s AMC V8s have a high
nickel content and thus are tough bastards.
Bart M.