Re: [gremlintime] Re: gremlin headers, p/s...

Re: [gremlintime] Re: gremlin headers, p/s...

Hello Jerry,
I appreciate your response and I apologize for not being more detailed.
The problem I run into is that the power steering pump's bracket is
mounted directly to the intake/exhaust manifold assembly and there isn't
a possible way - at least from what I can see - to maintain this set-up
with headers since the headers will not have the configuration to have
the power steering pump mounted onto them.
Two possible answers: a) having a bracket custom-made to change the
power steering pump's location on the engine. b) converting the power
steering to a racing manual system.
I like the latter option best because it would make the front end
lighter; more available horsepower would be freed up since there would
be one less engine-driven component, and that would also result in
better fuel economy, efficiency and a smoother, quieter-running
engine.
What do you think about this, Jerry?

Thankfully,
Bruce
'76 Gremlin ("Kobold")
stock 232 ci w/Weber carb; 2-inch exhaust with Flowmaster muffler
103,800 miles