Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 364

Hey Bruce !
First - Nice Ride ! Love the '76s' !
Next : Go to www.amxfiles.com
Sign on to the www.amc-list@xxxxx you'll meet super AMC
Experts like John Elle and Frank S. {and me !}
Also - go to www.blowthruturbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - join them .
Also - Strokers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Look at Hedman Headers - this name I see alot .
I like Hooker Headers and never see these mentioned - I know that they
had alot of applications for AMCs'.
Fuel Injection is big in the listers talk - and in Stroker talk . The
Stroker thing is the later 4.0 Jeep engines which are 242 cu.in. They
take a 258 AMC crank and rods into the 4.0 blocks and go from there .
Some engines are up to 262 cu.in. with Fuel Injection and Super chargers
!
Find an AMC Jeep - Cherokee etc. in a J-yard - 1987 - 90 . This uses
the Renix system - most desirable due to the adaptability for performance
. Grab the wire harness / computer / head w/exhaust manifold and intake
set up . Also the distributor. .... you have an automatic - you can get
the sensor kit thru MoPar or another place . The sensor reads off the
flywheel /convertor, and is located in the bell housing. Etc.
You could swap in a 258 crank - or stay with the 232 and go Turbo.
Cheap Turbos in J-yards. Something from a 4 cyl SVO Ford maybe . I
found a set of Saab Turbo cars for parts. Nice Intercoolers - small - I
have a Eagle / Gremlin = 1981 Eagle Kammback . Rare duck ! If
someone put in a 44 or a 30 in your rig - Great !
FIRST you need to get set up with Disc Brakes !~! . No - do not build
a howlin' Turbo Engine BEFORE you put in Disc Brakes ! Preferably 4
wheel disc - there are kits for the rear - check the Jeep Sites - . If
you go Turbo - which you probably will when you start hearing the numbers
- you won't need a Header . I have a pic set from a site about building
Turbo manifold header to the Turbo . I'll find it later - it is here
somewhere - !
I'm in upstate NY - about 45 minutes north of NYC - .
I'm working with Crane Cams in Fla. for Roller rocker arms for our
engines. Also Rolller Camshaft kits ! So stay Tuned ! Join the sites
! Sounds as if you want a Performance Grem. ! Also ! There is a
4-speed Torqueflite that came in the '93-'98 zj Jeep - that
fits.......hmmmm . ! Get the Disc Brakes in First ! Find the
Renix setup - grab it ! Get Everything - Distributor and boxes etc.
Give me a shout about it !
Best !
Brien