What Now? Continued (updated)

Well we got the offer from the insurance company. They only offered $1081 (and we keep the car, or not, same either way) for the damage to the car. Now I know that some have picked up similar cars cheap in the midwest and back east, but we haven't found them to be very common here. He doesn't have any money to add to it, so he has decided to reject it and try to get at least $1500. We are waiting to get some advice from a friend who knows allot about legal stuff (law school grad/retired cpa). Anyway, anyone out there with similar advice would be welcome (not necessarily acted on, but welcome).
We are going to try to keep the car, just might have trouble storing it for now. We are renting a condo, and do not have a place to park it except on the street, and the tags can't be renewed because of the smog issue.
Oh well, got to go.
Happy Gremlining to all,
Ken
(The following is for context for the message above)

Hi,
For those who don't remember, my son's 75 Gremlin, decent body, having
trouble smogging (still not yet), was hit on both the left rear (primary
impact) and front fender by a car going around a corner. They say the Axle
is also bent.
The body shop figures over $4000 in damages.
We can get an axle and maybe the front fenders off a 76 Hornet, but, we
don't know if this is our best route. The Left rear fender is badly mushed
in and would have to use alot of bondo to ever make it look right.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Community email addresses:
Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe: gremlintime-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx