Re: foreign V8 in the Gremlin?

--- In gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx, GremlinGrn@xxxx wrote:
> We all know that alot of parts for our cars were bought from the
big three.
> My Gremlin has a ford tranny ford electronic ignition ford starter
and
> solenoid, GM stearing column and gear, Front suspension designed
after fords
> pony car, Its even got the exact same wheel stampings as my dads
66 Mustang
> GT the only thing missing is the ford logo... But with the
exception of the
> GM 2.5 in later years AMC never used big three engines. We all
accept the
> big three parts but most of us diehard AMC fans draw the line at
any non AMC
> engine in our cars. The engine is the heart and soul of the car
dont
> bastardise our beloved AMCs!!!!
> jeremy Stone
> I dont think its basterdising Gremlins to have non AMC motors, for
some, like me its economics. I dont have a great job, but still love
cars. And if I already have an engine and can get my Gremmie going or
have to wait a year or two to afford an AMC motor and let my Gremmie
set and rust, I will use what i can. If I can i will use an all AMC
motor, but everything so far either needs rebuilt, is already bought
or I have to drive 2000 miles to get it. Anyway the club is a Gremlin
club not an all AMC club, cut gary some slack. GREMLINMAN
> In a message dated 1/17/01 12:03:54 AM Mountain Standard Time,
> collinsfamily00@xxxx writes:
>

> > >to all on list re foreign engines: open the hood of your stock
gremlin.
> > you will find a ford solenoid, chevy ignitin switch, dodge
transmission.
> > etc, etc. so, i dont think unless you put non- american made
engines or
> > parts in your gremlin it can be classifified as foreign.
something to think