First Ertl find in retail store...VA Target coughs up green '69 AMX

First Ertl find in retail store...VA Target coughs up green '69 AMX

 Well, I cruised by Target after work today, not really expecting to find
much. I hit the Hotwheels section first, and came away with a hard to find
Go-Kart Virtual Reality car, a new Purple Milktruck, and some others. I then
hit the main aisle , checked out the Hurst series ( still a few SC/Ramblers
hanging there ), and browsed up and down the aisle some. I came back, looked
down where the Ertl's normally reside, and notice a particularly familiar
shape in green...yep, it was a 1/18th '69 AMX alright! Woohoo! I had to pass
on a red AMX at the Hershey show for $25, as by the time I found a vendor
with any AMX's ( he only had one left by that time ), I was down to $10 cash.
I figured I could snag another one some other time. Guess I was right!
Someone mentioned that the red AMX has a red painted bumper, though ( Anyone
for a Big Bad Red AMX? LOL ) , so it's either a mistake, or a fluke. Anyway,
I got my first large-scale AMX, it has a tan interior (yuk), but the
detailing is very good, and worth the $20 I paid at Target for it. I'll be
keeping my eyes open for others, this is the first I've seen, and I've been
hitting the stores now 2-3 times a week since the beginning of Sept. Luckily
they're all close by, or I'd be spending bucks in gas! Keep your eyes peeled,
they're hitting the shelves now.

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA