Gremlin Toy $120...so far

Hi everybody,
Everybody knows that the value of Gremlin toys can only go up as
there
is a limited supply and increasing demand for these toys that have
not
been made since the 70s. You also may know that the rarest and most
desireable Gremlin toy is the so-called Open-Fire Gremlin by Hot
Wheels
that had six wheels and an airplane engine sticking out the hood. It
is
so rare to actually see one of these up for bid at E-Bay that I never
knew what the value of one of these was. I have seen ones in 5-6
condition sell for around 50 bucks which is a lot for a toy in kind
of
shabby condition. RIght now there is a purple Open Fire up for bid at
Ebay. The current bid price? 120 BUCKS!!!! Wow. Check out the bidding
at Ebay @ http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=
460236596. There are still four days left to bid on the thing if you
want to get in on the action. I gave up myself at 75 bucks which is
out
of this world as far as I am concerned. I think that I may start a
page
dealing specifically with the Gremlin toys and their value. Other
Gremlin toys of interest are the plastic model kits which generally
sell around 40 to 60 bucks, the Polistil Gremlin toy that sells for
around 30 to 50 and the Gremlin Grinder that although a pretty
plentiful supply of these still exists sells for around 20 to 30
bucks.
The cheap way to get into the Gremlin collecting hobby is to get the
Tootsietoy Gremlin which you can get for around ten to fifteen bucks in
9
condition and the Greased Gremlin Hot Wheel that can be gotten for
under five bucks in 9 condition, maybe 10 in a blister pack. All of
these prices refer to 8 to 10 conditions unless otherwise stated. Oh
yeah, there is also a Tonka Pull-back motorized Gremlin that can be
had
for 10 to 20 bucks and we can't forget about the "Clover Leaf" and
"Super Gremlin" slot cars that sell for 20 to 40 bucks. ANyways, the
point of this post is get those Gremlin toys. They are a great
investment and what better way to show your love for Gremlins???
Paul