[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC V8 Heat Riser

I have a confession to make, I rented a Nissan Altima a few weeks ago to drive down to
Corpus Christi to visit brother. Good running car, great AC system, great gas mileage too.
No key. That's right no key, you have little alarm thingie on chain that opens doors,
locks doors, opens trunk and that is it. Once car is opened, ANYONE can start car as I
found out when 8 year old Jacob pressed ignition switch. My first thoughts were 'uh,
didn't RAMBLER have this push button crap on dash in early 1906s?' Second thought was
anyone could steal the car and I'm used to leaving my windows open on my AMCs...it is no
big deal, and dissipates heat inside car and not like anyone will steal a AMC.

But once car is unlocked, even seagull could start car, didn't like that feature. I
believe this was a 4 banger something under hood, never bothered to look, unusual for a
car guy, but never looked and not sure why. Something that really creeped me out on the
Nissan Altima was inside the trunk has a 'emergency release' to pull in case you are
carjacked and kidnapped and thrown in trunk. Think about that.

Something else on the car I see problems with is the gas door release lever is next to
scuff plate on driver door, who is idiot who put that there. Never mind, whoever idiot
designer or enginess was might be brilliant....as millions will break this little plastic
piece of junk simply getting in or out of car....therefore Nissan will sell millions of
those flimsy plastic gizmos. Otherwise nice car, good room in trunk, inside car, kids
liked the fadeaway courtesy lights inside car. The only reason I rented this Datsun Altima
was because they were out of Chevy Malibus.

One more thing, AMC was in talks with Datsun in late 1970s. Think about that.....if AMC
had teamed up with Datsun, as opposed to Renault, better than average chance AMC would
still be around in some format. Best of all, our push button dash dealies would be in
vogue again.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx