Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Driver side door glass

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Driver side door glass

The cost is mostly labor, or labour if Canadian eh. Here in Houston I send people to this place:

http://www.affordableautoglasscom/

really reasonable in price. It is not that hard to install glass in a Gremlin door, usually takes about a hour or less. It's bolt in just like the exploding Sportabout door glass mentioned down below....simply remove door panel, knobs, slide in angled from top, hold glass up while lining up screwholes to bolt it up after putting back roller in channel, line it up in vertical channels (sliders) and tighten up bolts, the Sportabout had 3 bolts to tighten up, so rolled it up and down a few times to make sure everything lined up though.

Something not mentioned but worth mentioning here is that no one thinks about greasing the regulators, tracts, and latches inside a door, and 90% of the moving parts, the old (usually) white lithium grease long since dried up. You can ger big can of grease at any dollar store, and while inside your door with panel off, slather it on the window regulator, the channel, the rollers, and in far back for door latch. This is window tract illustration off my RESTORATION file on my site for 68-70 AMX & Javelin doors:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/restoration/AMX_window_tract.jpg

and if you grease up your door moving parts.....it will usually help with having the damned outer door handles not break as they are prone to do. This is a file about how to fix the door handle breakage problem on Concord, Eagle, Gremlin, Hornet, Spirit Series:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/restoration/amc-broken-door-handle-fix.htm

but just pile on the grease inside the door like my ex when you are in there, your AMC moving parts inside the door will appreciate it for decades to come!
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com