RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: parting out amc eagle NJ crusher alert & more

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: parting out amc eagle NJ crusher alert & more Eagles for sale & parts

You speak the Truth, absolutely.

Part of my trouble is that I'm not a really serious 'car guy'.  I have
tools.  I have a nice shop.  But I can't use a car trailer to go GET these
things.

Ok... boo-hoo... big sob story, here....

See, long ago, momma got tired of me dragging home all these relics and
hulks.  Admittedly, I tended to buy somewhat indiscriminately (for the
parts! ;-).  She put her foot down in a way I've never seen before or since.
This one issue became The Issue.  Simply put, whatever I want, I have to
DRIVE HOME.  If it can't make it through the gates on its own power, it
can't stay here (that's a pretty close quote ;-).

Now this sounds kinda easy.  But just like your offering, getting 1,000
miles to Houston was not a really big deal in and of itself (it was last
year, but not right now), but how do I get HOME??  I can drive my truck to
you, and I can drive your Eagle to here, but how do I get my truck back?
Travel Friends are few and far between for a journey of that length.  No
licensed kids.  Momma has a clever plan, here.  Women can do that.  They're
much more clever than they let on to be.

So if it's not pretty close -- and I've gobbled up everything in 100 miles
-- I can't get it.  I passed on a *slightly* overpriced Pacer that I now
wish I'da gotten (as usual) to match the one I have.  All my Eagles, save
one, are pretty rough and need plenty o' TLC.  But that's what was out there
when the passion hit me.

Today, if I wanna travel, I can get VERY nice Eagles... looks like.... which
makes my little nest all the more saddening.  I don't have an intact bumper
cap AT ALL.

I do have a 5 speed though ;-)

L.

<*> Your email settings: