From: DANIEL PETERS <danpeters1@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Is anyone running E85 in their Gremlin
To: baadassgremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 6:46 AM

I hate to say it but currently I have a 351W stroked to 434.  Just so we are clear someday there will be a 401 in it.  I was not worried about mileage, either.  I ran the aeroquip also.  Ihave a fuel cell, and electric pump outside.  I have seen one problem with the sending unit that was for gas, the float swelled and got stuck.  I bought a universal one and works great.  This is not a flex fuel vehicle I only run E85, and it runs great.  The carb is built for racing so when it is cold it takes a bit to warm up.  But I am so satisfied with E85 that as long as I have access to it I will continue to run it.  Rubbing alcohol will not be a good test.  It is a different alcohol.  Fuel lines and such that are rated for alcohol are rated for methanol, which is more corrosive than ethanol.  I have some components that are not rated for alcohol and have had no problems.  So far all of the negative stuff that I have heard about E85 has not been true.  I have awesome performance, decent milage and get more power.  The flex fuel vehicles do not get as good mileage because they are tuned to run both fuels.  If you run a higer compression you will seethat it will run well.  Another thing the motor runs way cooler.  Saab makes a flex fuel that gets the same mileage on gas as on E85.  The best part the ethanol is made here in the US not imported from the Middle east.  Dont believe all of th negative hype, but count on slighly less mileage but more power.

Daniel J. Peters