[BaadAssGremlins] amc mirrors & mirror glass

[BaadAssGremlins] amc mirrors & mirror glass

Keith Evenson <epd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a special tool to take the screws out that hold the glass in
an exterior mirror head?

http://www.auto-glass.com/carmirror/amc/index.htm

is on my VENDORS list

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/AMC_Vendors/amc_vendors.htm

and has a good how to page there which may help. They also reproed many types of mirror
glass including I believe the one you are asking about. These retangular head mirrors AMC
used from 1970 thru about 1981 (I believe 83-84 for VAM & Exports) these mirrors also same
head as Jaguar type. Not same neck though.

There is big file under RESTORATION on my site that has a whole slew of mirrors,
interchanges, cable lengths and more which might help also.....no tips on removing the
glass however, more on what fits what since everyone confused, even AMC on mirrors:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/restoration/amcmirrors.htm

Good luck.........there really is no trick to it, jast can't slam a few Starbuck triple
mocha frappinos or case of Red Bull before attempting to remove the glass, best tilt it as
far as possible to one side, and get small screwdriver, not normal size to get in there,
if you can spray a blast of PB Blaster with the long red nozzle in there first it also
helps.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx