From: Suezy Sweet <n2sweetrock@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] I need help with my Gremmie...
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 9:05 PM

Hi everyone! I didn't drop off the face of the earth just crazy life stuff....
Anyway, I am having some real issues with my 78 Grem. It hasn't had any problems until just a couple months ago. I hadn't been driving it much until a month ago when it became my only vehicle again to drive. It's dying every time I take my foot off the gas. I've had 2 friends trying everything to figure out what is causing the problem. So far, we've replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, coil. The spark plugs, wires etc are fine. Dist. is fine. The carb has just been rebuilt. In fact there is a cannister that is attached to it and I was told that it was something for emmissions in AZ. When my friend rebuilt it he found tiny charcoal pieces floating in the bowl of the carburetor. It still ran the same after all this stuff has been done. I am wondering if by chance any of the charcoal pieces could have gotten into the fuel filter and clogged it up? I can drive it but I have to get it in neutral and and keep my foot on the gas and left foot to brake or it dies. It cranks back over everytime. Sucking gas too. I am sure that is because I have to keep reving it up. Now he did bypass that charcoal cannister via another persons advice. It didn't seem to change the outcome of the problems. So I am at my wits end right now in what it could be. I've never had this issue with any of my other Grems. I even ran some STP and Carb stuff through the gas to see if that would help. I just can't figure out what would be causing it to die as soon as the gas is let up on. Can any of you help me out? If you could email me direct since I can't get on the board much right now. Thanks so much!
Suezy N2SweetRock@ yahoo.com