[BaadAssGremlins] I Need Help With My Gremmie

[BaadAssGremlins] I Need Help With My Gremmie

Everyone has made very good suggestions but the obvious one. Those cars are known for their notorious bad electronic ignition systems which gives the same symptoms as described. Trouble shooting them is difficult because it's hard to figure out what component is bad. A fast, inexpensive  simple fix is to drop in a rebuilt points distributor and be done with it forever. My AMC friend who I bought my Matador from who is a professional mechanic has done this many times on his own AMC's and customers cars. Me I wouldn't own a car with any of the AMC electronic ignitions they used. Luckily my 74 Hornets were the last year with points and so is my 72 Matador.
"Doc"