Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Crusher Alert/1000+ cars/Georgia

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Crusher Alert/1000+ cars/Georgia

In a message dated 12/12/2009 8:13:54 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, traveler@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hate to tell this but you are wrong - not trying to pick an arguement, but people relate to what they grew up with - Think about that - that is the reason that 90 percent of you are in love with your AMC products - Just like I like those and the Kaisers - it's what we knew when we were teenagers that sticks with us.  My neighbout had a 37 McLaughlin Buick Century Coach with sidemounts - Always admired that car and would love to have one someday - but how many relate to that??? very few except perhaps true enthusiasts, and anyone who was familiar with them way back when. How many of to-days youth know what a 51 Ford Coupe or a 51 Merc. Coupe was, or have any desire to own one???? but ask them about something to-day that is common, and they relate to it.  How may of you have any desire to own a Model"A"??? not many I would guess, but if you had one when you were a kid, I bet you would like to have one now.  History repeats -  and a lot of the old timers who owned those old wrecking yard understood that, and those that are left are doing well with them.

Tom
The old cars wether they were shitbox's or prestige automobiles.the fact that they could be made into hotrods or be classics when they got old  are the reasons why they are acceptable today. You cannot tell me that one day a 91 Ford Escort will be a car worthy of restoring unless you mounted the body on a monster truck frame and shoehorned a fire breathing 572 cubed BB chevy in it. When cars become plastic riddin fwd 4 banger turds it killed the future of hot rodding and welding on a fart can and putting 67 hairdryers under the hood doesn't make it a hot rod either. The last cars that are fairly new or new that will be worth a damned or the-04-06 GTO, 08-09 G8's 82-92 Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am, 93-02 Camaro/Firebrid/Trans Am 79-93 Mustang 94-04 Mustang 05-? Mustang and 2010 -? Camaro 08-? Challenger and maybe a few others but all in all your average fwd 4 banger shitbox won't be worth looking at in the future. We need to quit comparing these abominations to Model T's and other classics of the era. The Gremlin was the target of alotta jokes back in the day and even today but it being a steel rear drive car gave it near endless potential
Bart