[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Crusher Alert/1000+ cars/Georgia

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Crusher Alert/1000+ cars/Georgia

The load date on the Flickr pics is March '08 and Flickr long ago merged with Photobucket.  I'm surprised to see their site still come up but I know you can't upload there anymore.  Street view on Google maps shows still shows some cars but the satellite view suggests (to me) that there's fewer cars there.  Yahoo maps shows a better pic but who knows how old that is.  I tend to think Google's street view is within the last year but no way to know for sure.

-Bill
Dallas, Tx
'72 Gremlin (still waiting for a new life)

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@...> wrote:

> This is a rather large junkyard, salvage operation in Georgia, the guy is looking to sell
> off 1000+ cars or crush them. The actual location is
> Waugh Enterprises
> 1640 New Franklin Road
> La Grange, GA.
> PH#706-884-4242
> Mack Waugh
>
> Take a moment to look thru the photos,
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/forwardlookguy/2325419237/in/set-72057594098212489/
>
> as with sheetmetal being at premimum in last 5 years as most has been crushed due to run
> up in steel prices years ago, this is a trove of sheetmetal if you need stuff, there are
> only a handful of places like this that still exist with Ramblers, AMCs in them in 2009
> headed into 2010.
>
> A number of these cars look salvagable. Well, maybe not that 71 Javelin cut in 1/2 or the
> 69(?) AMX, but sure as heck the red 68 Rebel, that is easy resto. I do not know what
> timeline exists with this selloff either. Could be like Mikes in Albuerquerque (big
> scrabble word NM ) a few years ago which had 6 months to sell off due to new law, or could
> simply be open ended, but never know so don't delay.
>
> Good luck and hope some of these find homes and the parts help AMC owners in a time that
> sheet metal has simply vanished for our cars. Thanks to fellow AMCer Mike Stilling's for
> the heads up to spread the word quickly.
> Eddie Stakes
> Eddie Stakes
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@...